Since we have been changing over to a clean-eating lifestyle, we have become big fans of the Honeysuckle Italian Turkey Sausage.
We used it for pizza, omelets, minestrone soup, and pizza soup.
It was on our list of staples… things we didn’t ever want to run out of.
As with most of the grocery items we have come to love, our local stores are no longer carrying it. Sigh.
Sometimes, necessity creates an opportunity for improvement.
We like this recipe even better, and it’s super easy!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 t. granulated onion or onion powder
- 1/2 t. ground fennel seed
- 1 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- Mix well.
- Chill overnight to blend flavors.
- Brown and drain for use in recipes, or form into patties for Italian Turkey Burgers.