Slightly spicy, slightly sweet… This simple cake only takes moments to prepare, but is sure to impress.
- 1 gluten free cake mix
- (consult directions on the box for additional ingredients)
- 1/4 c. strawberry jam
- 1 T. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. milk
- Cake: Mix cake according to package directions and bake in 2 - 8" pans. Cool thoroughly. Remove one layer from pan and place on serving platter.
- Filling: Combine jam and rum and spread evenly over the layer on the platter. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frosting: In a large bowl place shortening, cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/3 cup of milk. Beat with electric mixer adding more milk if necessary to reach spreading consistency. Frost sides and top of cake.
- This cake is best made at least 8 hours in advance so the rum can soak into the cake.
Tagged with: Bake • Baked Goods • Baking • Cake • Captain Morgan Spiced Rum • Cocoa • Dessert • Frosted • Gluten Free • Gluten Free Cake Mix • Good • Milk • Powdered Sugar • Shortening • Spiced Rum • Strawberry • Strawberry Jam • Sweet • Tastey • Tasty • Vanilla