This is a go-to recipe that we love!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 16 oz. bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 6 oz. shredded colby-jack cheese
- 2 T. olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Stir in chilies. Set aside.
- Place sausage and onion in a 12" cast iron skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up the sausage. Cook until no pink remains. Drain.
- Return skillet to stove top over medium-low heat.
- Add sausage/onion mixture and 1/2 of the cheese to eggs and stir briefly to combine. Pour into skillet.
- Cover and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- When the eggs are set around the edges and almost done in the middle, top with remaining cheese and place under the broiler. Watch closely and broil until the cheese is completely melted. Brown slightly, if desired.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before cutting.